Kettering College - A Seventh-day Adventist College
Owned and operated by Kettering Medical Center, Kettering College is an integral part of the educational mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Seventh-day Adventist Church believes firmly in the inspiration of the Bible, the record of creation, the divinity of Christ, His saving work at Calvary, and His imminent second coming. Adventists believe that God desires the very best for us; therefore, we endeavor to order our lives after His teaching and His will. We recognize that positive relationships with others and with God are vitally important to a happy and fulfilling life. Adventists emphasize the importance of spiritual, intellectual, and physical growth to ensure well-balanced personal development. We believe that God invites each of us to make a difference in this world, first, by letting the difference of the gospel of Christ change our own hearts, and then by sharing the gifts God has given us with others. As a future health care professional, the difference that you can make for people will be very significant!
While at Kettering, you may experience some practices or campus "rules" that are new to you.
- You will find opportunities in your classes and with campus faculty and staff to discuss spiritual issues as they relate to healing, ethics, and personal growth.
- Your faculty may lead in devotional thoughts and/or prayer as you begin classes.
- You will be expected to join corporate worship experiences during Spiritual Emphasis Friday programs.
- You are strongly encouraged to abstain from illicit drugs, alcohol and tobacco, and strictly prohibited from using them on campus.
- You will notice that the biblical Sabbath, a prominent belief of the Seventh-day Adventist faith, is observed from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. Campus activities are different and ministry opportunities more plentiful during Sabbath hours.
- You will find opportunities for service to fellow humanity, whether in local communities or distant mission outposts.
We encourage you to ask questions and to keep an open mind to the religious diversity that you will experience at Kettering. During your experience at Kettering College, inquire about the different faith expressions of our student body, faculty and staff. Make spiritual learning an important area of growth as you become a health professional.
Kettering Seventh-day Adventist Church is considered the "college church" and is located just across the street from the school. They are here to love, serve and minister to the students, staff and faculty at Kettering College, and they are eager to meet you! For more information, visit their web site or call (937) 298-2167.
While you are at Kettering College, we pray for and desire that you will find a place to belong, where you feel loved and valued, and where you are encouraged to seek God and grow into the men and women He intended us to be.