Financial Aid FAQs



  1. What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Loans?
  2. Why do I need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling?
  3. Why do I need to complete Exit Loan Counseling?
  4. Why hasn't my Direct Loan been credited to my student account?
  5. Why hasn't my Perkins or Nursing Loan been disbursed?
  6. Why hasn't my Direct PLUS Loan been disbursed?
  7. How do I receive my Alternative Loan funds?
  8. How do I increase/reduce my Direct Loan amount?
  9. Why was I offered this amount in a Direct Loan?
  10. I'm trying to complete Entrance Counseling, but I don't have a PIN. 
    What do I do?


  1. How and when will my financial aid be disbursed? 
  2. How/why do I get a refund check? 
  3. How much will my refund check be? 
  4. When will I receive my refund check? 
  5. Why hasn't my financial aid been applied to my student account?
  6. What will happen to my financial aid if I drop a class after the drop/add period?  
  7. What will happen if I withdraw from Kettering College?


  1. What is an overaward?
  2. Why is my financial aid different this year than last year?
  3. Can I have more aid?
  4. How is my financial need determined?
  5. What is the maximum income limit for financial aid?
  6. When will I get an award letter?
  7. Who is eligible for aid?
  8. Are international students eligible for financial aid?
  9. Why is the financial aid kc offered different than the aid I was offered at other schools?
  10. I am going to transfer to Kettering College, what do I need to do?
  11. How many credit hours do I need to take to receive my financial aid?
  12. My sibling attends another school, why is my aid different?

Applying for Aid

  1. How do I apply for financial aid?
  2. What is the priority deadline?
  3. What is a Student Aid Report (SAR) and do I need to send it back?
  4. How can I be considered independent?
  5. Can I appeal my dependency?
  6. How much does it cost to attend Kettering College?


  1. What is the verification process and why must I complete it?
  2. My Student Aid Report (SAR) states that I am selected for verification, what do I need to do?
  3. Do I have to complete verification?
  4. How long will the verification process take?

Special Circumstances/Change of Income

  1. What can I do if my financial situation changes after I apply for aid?
  2. I (or my parents) have divorced since I filed my FAFSA, what can I do?
  3. How long does the change of income review take?
  4. How do I request a review of my family's special circumstances due to a change in income?

Purchasing Books, Supplies, and Equipment

  1. Can I purchase my books, supplies, and equipment with my financial aid?

Q1. Students must demonstrate financial need to receive a subsidized Direct Loan.  Kettering College will determine whether you
qualify for this loan based on the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The federal government pays the
interest on a subsidized loan while students are in school at least half-time and during periods of grace and deferment.  Students can
qualify for unsubsidized loans regardless of financial need, but will have to pay all of the interest charges.  Students have the option of
allowing the interest to accrue until they enter repayment or making small interest payments quarterly to their Direct Loan servicer.   

Q2. Kettering College is required to provide Entrance Counseling to all first-time student loan borrowers before we disburse a
student loan.  Entrance Loan Counseling is an online tutorial that explains to you the necessity of repaying your Direct Loans.  It also
gives an explanation of the consequences if you fail to repay these loans, and also helps you budget your money while in school. Your
loans will not be disbursed until you have completed Entrance Counseling.  You must only complete Entrance Counseling once while
attending Kettering College. Entrance Counseling can be completed at

Q3. Kettering College is required to provide student loan borrowers with additional loan counseling before they graduate from school
or at the time they drop below half-time (6 credit hours.)  During the semester prior to graduation, or at the time you drop below half-time,
you will be asked to complete online Exit Loan Counseling at  Exit Loan Counseling gives you the opportunity to review
your options for repayment, your total loan balance, information about the repayment process, etc.  

 Q4. In order for your loans to be disbursed, you must have completed the following:


  • Registered for and attending at least half-time (6 credit hours)
  • Completed your Master Promissory Note (MPN) at, if this is the first year you have borrowed
    or your current MPN has expired
  • Completed Entrance Loan Counseling at
  • Waited 30 days into your first semester for new Kettering College borrowers
  • Maintained satisfactory academic progress



If you have not completed one of the steps listed above, your loan will not be disbursed.  You must also have returned all other
documentation requested by our office.

Q5. In order for your Perkins or Nursing Loan to be disbursed, you must complete the Perkins or Nursing Loan application and
promissory note online.  You must be registered and attending at least half-time and maintain satisfactory academic progress. You
must also have returned all other documentation requested by our office.

Q6. The most common reason preventing the Direct PLUS Loan from being disbursed is that the correct promissory note has not
been completed online.  The PLUS Loan also may not have been disbursed because the credit check (which is performed by the loan origination center) has not been approved.  Please check with the financial aid office if you have questions.

Q7. Alternative Loan funds are sent to our office via check.  Once we have verified that you are enrolled for the appropriate number
of hours and are eligible for the funds, we will forward the check to the student accounts office.  This office will contact you to endorse
the alternative loan check.  Alternative loan funds are applied to your student account and if this creates a credit balance after any
outstanding charges are subtracted, you may receive refund check from Kettering College on the next scheduled credit balance refund
release date.

Q8. To increase or reduce you Direct Loan amounts, you will need to contact the financial aid office to determine if possible. If the
financial aid office determines that it is possible, you will need to document your request in writing.

Q9. Your loan amount is based on your student status, where you are in your program of study, and the type of degree you are
pursuing.  Dependent students cannot receive the additional Direct Loan amount even if the parent loan (PLUS) is declined.  The only
way you can receive an additional unsubsidized loan amount is if you are independent or you parents’ PLUS loan is declined due to an
adverse credit check.

Your Direct Loan is based on where you are in your program of study and your dependency status. The following chart lists the
combined annual and aggregate Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan limits:


The Annual and Aggregate Limits for Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans



Dependent Students (except students whose parents are unable to obtain PLUS Loans)

Independent Students (and dependent undergraduate students whose parents are unable to obtain PLUS Loans)

First-Year Undergraduate Annual Loan Limit

$5,500—No more than $3,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$9,500—No more than $3,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

Second-Year Undergraduate Annual Loan Limit

$6,500—No more than $4,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$10,500—No more than $4,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

Third-Year and Beyond  Undergraduate Annual Loan Limit

$7,500—No more than $5,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$12,500—No more than $5,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

Graduate or Professional Students Annual Loan Limit

Not Applicable (all graduate and professional students are considered independent)

$20,500 (unsubsidized only)

Subsidized and Unsubsidized Aggregate Loan Limit

$31,000—No more than $23,000 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$57,500 for undergraduates—No more than $23,000 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.

$138,500 for graduate or professional students—No more than $65,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans. The graduate aggregate limit includes all federal loans received for undergraduate study.


  • The aggregate loan limits include any Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans or Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans you may
    have previously received under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program. As a result of legislation that took effect
    July 1, 2010, no further loans are being made under the FFEL Program.
  • Effective for periods of enrollment beginning on or after July 1, 2012, graduate and professional students are no longer
    eligible to receive Direct Subsidized Loans. The $65,500 subsidized aggregate loan limit for graduate or professional
    students includes subsidized loans that a graduate or professional student may have received for periods of enrollment that
    began before July 1, 2012, or for prior undergraduate study.  
  • If the total loan amount you receive over the course of your education reaches the aggregate loan limit, you are not eligible to
    receive additional loans. However, if you repay some of your loans to bring your outstanding loan debt below the aggregate
    loan limit, you could then borrow again, up to the amount of your remaining eligibility under the aggregate loan limit.


Q10. You must login to your Entrance Counseling session with your FSA ID.  If you do not remember your FSA ID,
you will have the option of retrieving your username or password through your verified email address or by successfully
answering your challenge questions.  You can retrieve your FSA ID at request a duplicate PIN at   

Back to top



Q1. Most financial aid that is awarded annually will be equally split in to two disbursements, one disbursement received per term.
A student ready to graduate may have his/her final semester of financial aid disbursed differently.  Please see the financial aid office
if you have questions.  A new student will have his/her financial aid disbursed to his/her student account after the 30th day of the first
term in which he/she is enrolled at Kettering College, provided all necessary documents have been completed and/or submitted. A
student who is returning and has received financial aid in previous semesters will have his/her aid disbursed to his/her student account
after the 10th business day of the term, provided all necessary documents have been completed and/or submitted.
Q2. A refund check may be issued to a student when the student’s financial aid is greater than his or her charges for that
particular semester. For example, if a student has a Pell grant for $2000 per semester and a subsidized Direct Loan for $1733 per
semester, the student’s total aid would be $3733. If that student’s charges for the semester total $3045, the student would receive a
refund check for $688.  All college charges are paid for with a student’s financial aid including, but not limited to, room, cafeteria, and
textbook costs before refund checks are issued.
Q3. To determine the amount of your refund check you should compare your Kettering College charges with your anticipated
financial aid.  In most cases, this information can be accessed 24 hours a day online through the Student Portal.  Financial aid awards,
student account balances, course registration information, grades, etc. can all be viewed through the Student Portal.
Q4. Typically, refund checks are available to returning students around the fourteenth day of the semester.  A student attending
Kettering College for the first time is required to be attending for thirty days prior to having loans credited to his/her student account. 
To receive a refund check at that time, a student must be registered in the appropriate number of credit hours and have completed
all necessary paperwork or online procedures.
Credit balance refund release dates will be determined prior to each semester.  The credit balance refund release dates will be posted
on the Kettering College website under the Financial Aid page.  The dates will be published in the college newsletter, and posted
outside of the student services offices.  Students will also receive an email with the credit balance release dates sent to their Kettering
College email account.
Loans:  If you are a first-time loan borrower, in order for your loan to be disbursed, you must have completed Entrance Counseling
and your Master Promissory Note (MPN).  Students can complete both online at   If you have received loans
previously at Kettering College and your loan was not disbursed this term, you may need to complete additional paperwork.  Please
check with the financial aid office if you have any questions.  You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) to receive student
Grants:  If your grants aren’t disbursed, you may need to submit additional paperwork or you may not be enrolled in the minimum
number of hours required to receive grants (6 hours).  Please check with the financial aid office if you have any questions.  Keep in
mind that the Pell Grant and Ohio College Opportunity Grant will be pro-rated if you attend between 6-11 hours.
Q6. Nothing will happen to your financial aid at this particular time.  Your charges will not be reduced and you will be paying for
the original number of hours you were enrolled for in that term.  This may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for
Financial Aid
 at the end of the semester.  Please check with the financial aid office if you are unsure of the impact dropping a course
will have to your SAP calculation.
Q7. If you withdraw from Kettering College during the first 60% of the semester, your financial aid may be adjusted depending on the
Federal Refund Calculation.  This is a calculation that is processed by the financial aid office.  The staff will review what charges you
are responsible for and what financial aid you are eligible to receive at the time of your withdrawal.  Your financial aid may be reduced
or even canceled based on this process and you may end up owing a balance to the institution.  You will be notified of the outcome of
this process through an email notifying you to check your student account balance online.  You will be able to see if any tuition was
credited and/or financial aid reduced or removed from your student account.  It may several weeks for this process to be finalized.


Q1. An overaward occurs when a student’s need based financial aid exceeds his or her calculated need or all financial aid
exceeds the student’s cost of attendance.  This is described as an overaward because financial aid is designed to help a student pay
only expenses associated with financing his/her education and not exceed that cost.  Changes in the following areas can cause an
overaward situation:


  • Housing plans
  • Enrollment status (number of credit hours)
  • FAFSA information
  • Student type (non-degree, certificate, degree-seeking, etc.)
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress status
  • Additional financial aid awards or resources



If a student is in an overaward situation, Kettering College will modify his/her awards as necessary and send notification to the

Q2. Each year students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The FAFSA reflects the
prior year’s tax information.  As your or your parent’s income and asset information changes from year to year, your financial aid
eligibility may change.  In addition to changes in your FAFSA information, your aid can be affected by changes in funding received
by Kettering College at the federal, state, or institution levels.  Another factor could be the time you filed your FAFSA.  Students who
meet the priority deadline of March 31 are considered for all financial aid available at Kettering College.  If you filed by the deadline
in a previous year and filed after the deadline this year, you may not have been offered certain grants and loans that you previously

Q3. A student’s award package can include merit scholarships, federal and state grants, employment, and loan assistance.
Not all students receive all types of financial aid.  Regardless of the types of financial aid you may receive, your total financial aid
package cannot exceed your total cost of attendance.  The government also sets maximum limits on grants, loans, etc. that students
are eligible to receive.  If you meet the March 31 priority deadline, you may receive a more attractive award package than if you apply
later.  If additional financial aid becomes available throughout the award year, the financial aid office awards that financial aid to the
applicants demonstrating the most need as determined by the FAFSA.

Q4. A student’s financial need is determined by using the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) derived from the Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The EFC takes into account the number of family members in the student’s household and the
number of people in college.  The student’s income and assets are also considered when calculating the EFC.  For a dependent
student, the income and assets of the student’s parents are also considered.  Every student has a student budget (or cost of
attendance) as determine by Kettering College.  A typical off-campus student budget is $31,116.  If the student has an EFC of 6,000,
we would subtract the 6,000 from $31,116 to determine the student’s financial need of $25,116.  This means the student cannot have
more than $25,116 in need-based financial aid.  It does not guarantee that the student will receive that amount in need-based aid. 
Need-based aid consists of grants, scholarships, tuition waivers or sponsorships, Federal Work Study, Perkins Loans, Nursing Loans,
and subsidized loans.  The remaining $6,000 (the EFC amount) in the student’s budget may be covered by non- need-based
resources, such as the Parent Loan (PLUS), unsubsidized loan, or private Alternative Loan, depending on the student’s eligibility.

 Q5. The financial aid office uses the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine a student’s
eligibility for need-based federal and institutional financial aid.  Although there is no maximum income limit for financial aid, students
with a lower Expected Family Contribution (EFC) are typically eligible for more financial aid resources than students whose EFC is
higher.  The governing agency of the state has a separate formula for determining a student’s eligibility for state grants.  Please check the National Association of State Student Grant & Aid Programs.

Q6. Initial award letters for students meeting the priority deadline are sent by June 1 of each year.  Award letters are sent out
continually throughout the year for applicants who do not meet the priority deadline of March 31.  All eligible applicants who complete
the FAFSA and are admitted to Kettering College will receive an award letter within approximately one month of having your financial
aid file complete.

Q7. To receive Title IV federal aid (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Direct Student Loan, Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins Loan,
or National Nursing Loan) a student must meet the following requirements:  be a U.S. citizen, a national, or permanent resident of the
U.S., or be in the U.S. for other than temporary purpose; comply with the U.S. Selective Service registration requirements; be enrolled
in a degree program; be making Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid as defined by Kettering College; not be in default on
a federal loan; not owe a repayment on any Title IV funds; and have a valid Social Security Number.  Some types of financial aid are
not available if you have already received a bachelor’s degree.

Q8. Federal and state financial assistance is only available to citizens of the United States and eligible non-citizens.  Please
review the information available at for assistance in determining international financial aid eligibility.  An eligible
non-citizen is someone who is a U.S. permanent resident and has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551), a conditional permanent
resident (I-551C), or another eligible non-citizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) showing any one of the following designations: 
“Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Indefinite Parole,” “Humanitarian Parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant.”  If you are in the U.S. on an F1
or F2 student visa, or a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa you are not considered eligible for federal or state financial aid.

Q9. Financial aid offers can be different from one institution to another for many reasons.  Some types of financial aid are awarded
based on criteria established by the institution, such as institutional financial aid.  Funding for some federal programs is limited. 
Institutions receive an allocation, or set amount, for each of the campus based aid programs (Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins
Loan, and National Nursing Loan) from the federal government.  Since schools receive different allocation amounts, institutions will
have different rules and methods for awarding their limited allocation of  funds.  Institutions also have different costs of attendance,
which can change a student’s eligibility for need based financial aid offered from one institution to the next.

Q10. If you wish to transfer to Kettering College, you need to add Kettering College’s school code (007035) to your Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  You can do this at  Click on “add a school” and log in.  You will need your Federal
Student Aid PIN to add a new school code.  Kettering College will receive your FAFSA results approximately 3-5 days later.  You will
also need to submit a Kettering College Financial Aid Application to the financial aid office.  We will not be able to process the results of
your FAFSA until you have been admitted to Kettering College.  Once your admission to Kettering College is processed, we will begin
the process of determining your financial aid eligibility.  We will take into consideration the financial aid you received at your previous
college in this process.

Q11. In order to receive the full amount of your Pell Grant and Ohio College Opportunity Grant, you must be enrolled in at least
twelve credit hours.  Both grants will be prorated for less than full-time attendance.  If you are enrolled for less than half-time (6 hours),
you will not be eligible for financial aid. Federal loans are available to eligible students enrolled at least half-time.

Q12. It is possible that your sibling may be eligible for different forms of financial aid than you are if he/she is attending another
college or university.  You sibling may have a different Expected Family Contribution (EFC) than you.  This is because the EFC is
comprised of your parental contribution and your contribution.  You and your sibling should have the same parental contribution,
but your student contribution will differ because of your individual earnings and assets.  Your aid may also be different because
schools distribute the funds they are given by the Department of Education differently.  Each school has a different allocation of
Federal Perkins Loan, National Nursing Loan, and Federal Work-Study funds.  Given the nature of these allocations, a student may
receive an award at one school and not another.  Also, schools have various institutional funds that are only available at that particular institution.  These funds are limited and distributed by college policies. 

Back to top


Applying for Aid


Q1. To apply for federal, state, and institutional financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA).  This form can be completed online at  You will be asked to supply your tax information from the previous year 
and, if you are dependent, your parent’s tax information.  If your parents are married, you must supply information for both of them. 
If they are divorced, you should provide information for the parent who provides you with the most support.  If your supporting parent
is remarried, you must also include your stepparent’s information.  The FAFSA should be completed no later than mid-February
(to meet the priority deadline) the year you plan on attending school. If you don’t meet the mid-February completion date, you can
still apply throughout the year you just may not receive the most optimal financial aid package.  You and your parents can file the
FAFSA before filing your federal tax forms.  You should use estimated income and tax information.  Your information must be updated
after your taxes are filed.  It is strongly suggested that students and/or parents use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to efficiently complete
or update your FAFSA with your filed federal tax information. 

The Data Retrieval Tool allows students and parents to access their IRS tax return information needed to complete the FAFSA, and
transfer the data directly in to their FAFSA from the IRS website.  In most cases, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available within 2-3
weeks after the return has been accepted by the IRS if the tax return is filed electronically.  The Data Retrieval Tool is available for
paper tax return filers approximately 8-11 weeks after the tax return is accepted.  When filing the FAFSA you should list Kettering
College’s school code of 007035.  This will ensure that we receive the results of your FAFSA and process your financial aid according
to your eligibility.  You should complete the FAFSA prior to each year you plan to be enrolled.  Allow plenty of time for processing the
FAFSA as it can take several weeks to process.

Q2. Kettering College of Medical Arts must receive the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by our
priority deadline of March 31 each year in order for you to be considered for all available financial aid.  This is not the date by which
you must submit the FAFSA online.  We must have already received your FAFSA results, as well as your Kettering College Financial
Aid Application, for you to be considered first-priority.  You should allow up to three weeks for FAFSA processing.

Q3. The Student Aid Report (SAR) is a report of the information you provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA).  You should carefully review this information for accuracy.  If you find incorrect information or you originally estimated
information and need to report actual figures, you will need to make corrections.  Please contact the financial aid office if you are
unsure how to go about making the necessary corrections.

Q4. To be considered an independent student when completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you must
meet one of the following criteria: 

  • be 24 years old by January 1 prior to the school year for which you are applying
  • be married at the time you are filing the FAFSA
  • have a child or other legal dependents for whom you, personally, provide more than 50% of the support and can document that support
  • be working on a master’s or doctorate degree at the beginning of the school year
  • currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
  • both biological parents are deceased and you are considered an orphan
  • a documented ward of the court
  • be a court determined emancipated minor or in a legal guardianship
  • determined to be an unaccompanied youth who was homeless and self-supporting



Please refer to for additional dependency classification details.

Q5. There is a dependency appeal process; however, only appeals with well-documented parental estrangement are approved. 
Being financially independent of your parents does not allow you to be independent for financial aid purposes. The financial aid
office can provide details regarding the process to appeal your dependency status.

Q6. Please see Financial Information for Students Kettering College website for current tuition and fees expenses, as well as
residence hall costs.

Back to top



Q1. Verification is a process that all colleges receiving federal aid are required to complete on students who have been flagged
by the U.S. Department of Education.  Students must complete verification in order to be eligible for need-based financial aid. The
student completes the verification process by submitting various documents to the financial aid office that are used to verify that
information reported on the FAFSA is correct.  The financial aid office will compare the information on the documents to the
information reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  This is not done to find fraudulent FAFSA applicants,
but to find and correct common mistakes made by parents and students.  When an error is found, we make a correction to the
student’s FAFSA information. Schools are required to complete the verification process on 30% of their student population.

Q2. The Central Processing Systems (CPS) selects students for verification using pre-set criteria.  The information printed on your
Student Aid Report (SAR) will indicate if you have been selected for verification.  There are various items reported on the FAFSA the
U.S. Department of Education has determined that schools must verify.  Each student’s verification process is unique; therefore, the
documentation required for submission will vary from student to student.  We will notify you shortly after we receive the results of your
FAFSA letting you know exactly what information we need from you.

Q3. If you have been selected for verification, you must return all required documents for that process.  If you refuse to complete
verification, you will not be eligible for any need-based financial aid.

Q4. We will send you a letter telling you what information we need in order to complete verification.  This letter is typically sent soon
after we receive the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Once we have received all of the documents
required to complete your verification, we will compare the documented information to your FAFSA.  If the information is correct,
verification is complete and your aid will be awarded.  If we need to make corrections to your FAFSA, it will take approximately a week
to receive the corrections back from the Central Processing Systems (CPS).  At that time, we will complete verification and your aid will
be awarded.

Back to top


Special Circumstances/Change of Income

Q1. If you (or your family) experience a change in your financial situation after you have completed the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA), you should contact the financial aid office at Kettering College to explain your circumstances.  If your (or your
family’s) income for the current tax year will be significantly less than the income your reported on your FAFSA, you may be eligible to
have a change of income.  This allows us to use a documented estimate of your current year income to re-evaluate your eligibility. 
We take special circumstances such as involuntary loss of employment, death of a wage earner, unusually high medical or dental
expenses paid out of pocket, etc. into consideration.  We do not take into consideration voluntary loss of employment due to returning
to school.  Even if changes are made to your eligibility, additional aid is not guaranteed.

Q2. In cases of divorce, you should contact the financial aid office at Kettering College to request a change of income.  A written
request, along with the documentation you will be asked to submit, allows our office to re-evaluate your financial situation and possibly
adjust your financial aid eligibility.  Even if changes are made to your eligibility, additional aid is not guaranteed.

Q3. Generally, a request to change income or to take other special circumstances in to account takes three to four weeks to
process.  At times, our office may experience a higher volume of requests (often during the summer months), so the process may take
longer.  Make sure you are attentive to any correspondence regarding additional documentation needed to process your request.

Q4. The first step in requesting a change of income or a change in marital status is to contact the financial aid office at Kettering
College.  A written request will be required; however, different documentation will be necessary for different situations. 

Back to top


Purchasing Books, Supplies, and Equipment

Q1. Yes, students who have completed the financial aid process and been awarded federal financial aid may elect to use their
financial aid to purchase their books, uniforms, supplies, and equipment before their financial aid is applied to their student account. 
Supplies and equipment are available to purchase on campus at the Campus Corner.  Students may use their student ID to have
purchases charged to their student account while waiting on their financial aid to be credited.

Books may be purchased online through MBS Direct.  Students receiving federal student aid will use a voucher number that is supplied
to the student by MBS Direct to purchase books. The voucher number will be emailed to all eligible students by MBS Direct prior to
each semester.  

Uniforms, for students entering a clinical program, may be purchased online through using
voucher information emailed to students by Kettering College.  The voucher information will be sent upon registering for the first
semester in a clinical program to the Kettering College email account of all eligible students.  

Only students who have been awarded federal financial aid, or have 3rd party funding that covers books and/or uniforms, will receive
vouchers.  Using the voucher will allow students to purchase books and/or uniforms and then have those charges placed on their
student account at the college.  Financial aid will be applied to the student’s charges, including tuition, books, uniforms, supplies, etc. 
Any balance not covered by financial aid may be paid off to Kettering College throughout the semester.  Please keep in mind that a
student’s account balance must be below $100 to allow him/her to register for the next semester.  It is imperative that all financial
aid paperwork be completed as early as possible to insure there is no delay in receiving your book and/or uniform voucher to make
your purchases. For additional information, please see the Online Bookstore/Uniform Store on the Kettering College website.