CHRISTIANITY AND HEALTH CARE: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful LC SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Body, Human--religious aspects
Chrisianity and justice
Church work groups--health aspects
Embryology, human--religious aspects
Good and evil--religious aspects
Healing in the bible
Hospital care--religious aspects
Human genetics--religious aspects
Human reproduction--religious aspects
Medical care, cost of
Medical ethics--religious aspects
Older people--medical care--religious aspects
Right to die--religious aspects
Right to health care--religious aspects
Social justice--religious aspects
Stem Cells--research--religious aspects
Terminal care--religious aspects
Tragic the--religious aspects
Transplantation of Organs, Tissues, Etc--religious apsects
Note: to focus your search specifically to Christian aspects regarding a topic, many headings with the subheading "religious aspects" can be further limited by the subheading "Christianity"
Example: Body, human--religious aspects--Christianity
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
|Religion and medicine|
Useful LC CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|BD300-450||Ontology. Being. The soul. Life. Death|
|BL115 .M25||Christianity and Medicine|
|BT10-1480||Christian Doctrine. Doctrinal theology|
|HQ1073-1073.5||Thanatology. Death. Dying|
|HV1-9960||Social and Public Welfare|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|W61||Medical philosophy and logic|
|W 85.5||Right to die|
|WB880||Mind-body interactions. Mental healing|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R BL31 .E46||The Encyclopedia of Religion|
|R BR95 .E8913 1999||The Encyclopedia of Christianity|
|R W50 R279 2003||Religious Traditions and Healthcare Decisions|
|R WZ 330 R822e 2000||Encyclopedia of Medicine in the Bible and the Talmud|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- ATLA Religion Database
- Index to articles, book reviews, and essays on religion and theology
- Arts and Humanitites and Social Sciences Citation Index
- Citations and cited references from over 1,100 arts and humanities journals and over 1700 journals in the social sciences
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- A comprehensive database covering such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy with over 290 full text journals
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 1500 nursing and health publications
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- International index to journals in the biomedical sciences
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available in the KC library
- Christianity Today
- Journal of Christian Nursing
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
- Hastings Center Report
- Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved
- Journal of Religion and Health
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Bioethics Network of Ohio
A statewide association of Ohio health care professionals, chaplains, attorneys, and academics all of whom have an active interest in ethics issues concerning medicine, patient care, policy, and law.
- Bioethics Resources on the Web
Provided by the National Institutes of Health, these resources provide background information and various positions on issues in bioethics
- Center for Health Ethics
Maintained by the University of Missouri, this site provides links to academic ethics centers.
- Center for Practical Bioethics
The center seeks to solve moral problems by educating and empowering healthcare professionals; provides information and links to other useful websites.
- The Hastings Center
The Hastings Center is recognized as the leading organization in advanced research and studies in biomedical ethics.
- Virtual Religion Index: Ethics and Moral Values
A guide to web based research on religion from Rutgers University