BS in Sonography Selection Process
The sonography enrollment committee will review and evaluate each applicant’s complete academic history.
- Only students completing the application process will be considered.
Selection is based on:
- Completion and academic strength in the prerequisite coursework. Past failures and withdrawals in prerequisite courses may impact consideration for admission into sonography. Each file will be considered individually. Special attention is paid to prerequisite grades and multiple attempts in physics and anatomy and physiology.
- Evaluation of all academic experience. Past failures and withdrawals in other sonography programs will impact consideration for admission into sonography.
- Evaluation of student personal statement. A statement regarding past failures, low grades, or withdrawals may be submitted as an additional component of your personal statement.
- Additional qualifiers such as previous academic degrees, and degrees in allied health or nursing may influence acceptance.
- Preference will be given to applicants completing six or more prerequisite course hours at Kettering College.
- While we do use a point system to rank academic performance, each file will be looked at subjectively to determine whether the applicant is a good candidate for the sonography program.
- The diagnostic medical sonography selection committee will review all applicants following the May 20 application deadline.
- Selections will be made no later than June 25.
- All applicants will be notified by mail.